I have worked for you for 3 years, 4 months and 24 days. Today, that all ends. At 5:oo PM in Las Vegas, I'll be done. I'll be gone. But what I gained from my time there won't be.
In the last three years, I've grown up in every way- personally and professionally. I can thank and blame you for most of that. Here's what I learned from my time at Ahern:
- Family can come from 10 people forced to work in the same small space.
- The best way to feel good about your job is to do a good job.
- Some people just suck for no reason at all.
- Not everyone will like you.
- Sometimes you want things that are bad for you.
- Learning Activities are a way of life.
- Document everything.
- Know why you're doing something.
- Call, don't email.
- Set goals.
- Set calendar reminders.
- Don't obsess over the little things.
- Don't micro-manage.
- Let people know when you appreciate them.
- Celebrate other people's success.
- Learn all the time.
- Value your education even if no one else does.
- Inexplicable stains are not deadly (at least, I don't think so).
- Ask an expert.
- Sociopaths are far more common than people think.
- Find your people, be there for them and hold on to them.
- A conversation with your best friend CAN be a meeting.
- Scissor lifts are awesome.
- Everything can change in an instant.
P.S. We're still Unbreakable: